Crisp bacon wraps around thick spears of asparagus for the best Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe you'll ever try!Jump to Recipe
Crisp bacon wraps around thick spears of asparagus for the best Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe you'll ever try!
Asparagus is typically thought of as a spring vegetable, but I'm changing hearts and minds here to show you that if you add bacon, you have the perfect fall/winter side dish.
I love this recipe, and could honestly eat it as, but bacon wrapped asparagus is great on the side of roasted chicken thighs or a pork tenderloin too!
A few other side dishes I think you'll love!
Try these Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with your next pork or chicken dinner. Try out Air Fryer Tomatoes if you're looking for something a little lighter. And if you need a side for Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta, I cant think of anything more appropriate than adding more garlic with Air Fryer Garlic Bread.
- Bacon - I like center cut bacon in general, and this recipe is no exception
- Asparagus - aim for thicker spears of asparagus
Tips and Tricks
- Try to find thick asparagus spears - you want the bacon and asparagus to cook at the same rate, and if the asparagus is thin, the bacon wont be cooked before the asparagus needs to be removed.
- If you want, you can sprinkle the bacon with some garlic powder or parmesan cheese, but I personally think you have more than enough flavor from the bacon alone.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
If you can only find thin asparagus, just wrap either two or three spears in the bacon. That way they'll cook at the same rate as the bacon.
You can! The bacon should be crispy and delicious at the end of the air frying process.
Of course! Just use your oven - preheat to 400, and then place the bacon wrapped asparagus on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 22-28 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a STAR rating below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 8 thick asparagus spears or 16-24 thin spears*
- 4 slices of center cut bacon cut in half
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. While the fryer preheats, snap or cut your asparagus at its natural snapping point - if you hold the spear at both ends and bend it, it will snap where it's meant to.
- Cut the bacon in half (you want 8 short strips of bacon), and wrap each spear with one of the short pieces of bacon. You want to overlap just a little bit, and cover most of the spear. Bacon is stretchy, so you shouldn't have any problem covering the whole spear.
- Air fry for 12 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender. Start checking after 10 minutes to ensure bacon isn't burning.
- Serve along side chicken or pork or just eat as a delicious snack!
Leave a Reply