Quick and easy to make, these Air Fryer Diced Potatoes are the perfect side dish!Jump to Recipe
I love love love roasted potatoes, but the sometimes the hassle of it all is just too much. That's where these Air Fryer Diced Potatoes come in!
Instead of having to wait forever for your oven to preheat, soaking the potatoes, and then roasting for 30-40 minutes, you can be done with these potatoes in under a half an hour.
Ways to eat Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
You can really give your air fryer a workout and serve them along side these Air Fryer Frozen Wings. You can dish them up with these Steak Frites Burgers, or you can use them as the base of Chorizo and Potato Soft Tacos.
- Potatoes - I use Russets for this recipe so that I get that fluffy potato-y interior. You can use Yukon Golds as well, but I wouldn't use a waxy potato for this recipe.
- Olive Oil - you can use whatever oil you want for these - the air fryer doesn't get insanely hot, so you don't have to worry about the oil burning.
- Spices - I used my preferred spice blend for these, but you can substitute any spices you want - that's just you cooking, as Chef John would say.
PRO TIP: all air fryers are different - check your potatoes for doneness at 25 minutes - if they need more time, let them cook a bit longer.
Tips and Tricks
- A lot of potato recipes call for soaking the potatoes before hand to get them crispy - I've made these potatoes both soaked and non-soaked, and I couldn't really tell a difference, so save yourself the time, and just toss them in the fryer unsoaked.
- It may seem like a LOT of spices, but potatoes are so bland on their own that they really need to be coated in the spice mix.
To Make Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Dice your potatoes fairly small - about a ½ to ¾ of an inch - trying to make sure they're all roughly the same size.
- Toss the potatoes in a bowl and add the oil and the spices
- Using a spoon or tongs, toss the potatoes to coat them evenly in the oil
- Tip them into the air fryer, and cook.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
How long are they good for?
Leftover potatoes will be good for about 2 days in the fridge.
How should I reheat them?
You can reheat them either in the microwave, or my favorite method which is to reheat them in the air fryer on 350 for about 5 minutes.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- 2 medium/large russet potatoes about 1.5 - 2 pounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Wash potatoes then dice them into ½ - ¾ inch pieces (no need to peel them)
- Add potatoes to a large bowl, then add the olive oil and spices, and toss to combine.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400, and once it's heated add the potatoes.
- Cook for 25 minutes*, shaking the potatoes every 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.