Rich, creamy and infused with smoky bacon and the bite of scallions, this Bacon Scallion Cream Cheese is a great addition to your breakfast table.
Is there anything better than breakfast foods? I seriously don't think so, unless you're eating breakfast foods at non-breakfast times. And this bacon scallion cream cheese can be eaten any time of day, and you wont be sorry.
I love putting stuff into other stuff, and cream cheese is a perfect vehicle for that. The rich smokiness of the bacon is perfectly paired with the lush creaminess of the cream cheese, and then add in the sweet bite of the scallion, and you've got a condiment that goes perfectly with basically anything you can think of.
Other Recipes You'll Love
- Cream Cheese
- Salt and pepper
Tips and Tricks
- This is great right after you make it, but if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, the flavors will meld and it will be even better.
- Bake your bacon instead of pan frying it for perfectly evenly crisp bacon slices.
SUBSCRIBE TO SARA'S TINY KITCHEN!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
What are some other things I can use this on?
I can think of basically a million things:
- Spread it on crackers
- Mix it into scrambled eggs
- Stuff chicken breasts with it
- Spread it on a grilled cheese
- Dip veggies in it
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze leftovers?
I wouldn't recommend it. While you can freeze cream cheese, it does something funky to the texture once it thaws, which makes it unusable for anything other than baking. Since you would be using this as a spread, I would just try to eat the batch while it's fresh.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Bacon Scallion Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 slices bacon cooked, then chopped fine
- 3 scallions white and light green parts only
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl using a hand mixer or a wooden spoon mix together the cream cheese, bacon and scallions. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Let the cream cheese rest in the fridge for at least two hours if you can before using.