A Blueberry Lemon Soda is a quick and easy mocktail to throw together for when you want to feel fancy without the booze!Jump to Recipe
I'm not a big drinker, but sometimes I still want to feel like a fancy lady sipping on a cocktail. When that happens, I like to make myself this Blueberry Lemon Soda that has the fanciness of a mixed drink without the alcohol.
You can either make the blueberry simple syrup from scratch, or you can use a pre-bought syrup. I like this one.
I'll have a post up soon with a recipe for making your own blueberry syrup from scratch! It's super easy and absolutely delicious! Here's a recipe for homemade blueberry simple syrup that's absolutely delicious!!
Other Recipes You'll Love
Reasons To Make This Recipe
- It's a super easy drink to throw together, especially if you use pre-made blueberry syrup.
- It's absolutely delicious, even without alcohol.
- You can switch things up really easily and create a bunch of different drinks!
- Blueberry Simple Syrup
- Lemon Sparkling Water
- Lemon Juice
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to make this drink a cocktail instead of a mocktail, add 1-2 ounces of vodka. A flavored vodka would be delicious in this!
- You don't need any fancy bar equipment to make this drink - I love a mocktail for the ease of use. Since you're not adding alcohol, there's no need to measure ingredients strictly. Just add a bit of this and a bit of that until it tastes good!
- One of the great parts of this recipe is the adaptiveness of it. You can use seltzer water in place of sparkling water if you want - there are so many great flavored seltzers out there now. Leave out the lemon juice if you don't have any - it will still be good!
Did you know?
The first widely known mocktail is the Shirley Temple which is a combination of Grenadine and Ginger Ale and garnished with a cherry. It was invented in the 1930's, and doesn't actually have any tie to the famous actress.
Since then, mocktails have come a long long way. For designated drivers, pregnant women, or just people who don't like alcohol, there is now a wide range of drinks that hold just as much flavor as a mixed drink without the alcohol.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Blueberry Lemon Soda
- 2 tablespoon blueberry simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 4-6 ounces lemon sparkling water
- Fill a glass half to three quarters full of ice
- Pour the blueberry syrup in over the ice
- Add the lemon juice and sparkling water, stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and fresh blueberries if desired.