This Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl is super easy, super delicious and super quick to throw together! The total package!Jump to Recipe
When it comes to spicy food, I'm notoriously a big baby. I just don't get people who want things super spicy. But one exception is this Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl. The spiciness of the hot sauce is tempered by all the rest of the ingredients, and it's just a nice, delicious, and only slightly spicy meal that comes together really quickly.
If you're into rice, maybe try this Rice Cooker Cilantro Lime Rice. Or you could take leftover rice and make The Best Fried Rice. Or if you want something a little sweeter, you could try these Cookie Butter Rice Krispies (not really rice, I know :D)
- Rice - Any long grain rice works in this dish. I usually use Basmati rice for pretty much everything.
- Hot Sauce - Frank's Red Hot is the only way to go.
- Cole Slaw - you can buy pre-shredded bagged cole slaw, or you could finely chop up half a small cabbage.
- Chicken - rotisserie chickens are my very best friend.
PRO TIP - I made my own croutons because I like teeny tiny croutons, but you can definitely use store bought croutons here.
Tips and Tricks
- This meal is one that can be made using almost all shortcuts, which is ideal for weeknight cooking. Use minute rice. Bagged cole slaw. Rotisserie chicken. Pre-made croutons. But you can also make the longer versions of all these things yourself if you have the time.
- Add ranch or bleu cheese dressing at the end for a bit of extra zip!!
- Make it low carb and put the chicken over lettuce instead of over rice.
Making Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls
- Divide your cooked rice evenly between two bowls
- Top with the chicken/cole slaw mixture
- Top that with the sliced celery and croutons
- Top with dressing, mix together and enjoy!
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
How to store leftovers
The chicken will keep for about three days in the fridge in an air tight container. Store all of the components separately and then remake the bowls. This will keep the rice from getting soggy.
If you want to make this low carb, you can swap the rice for cauli-rice or lettuce and leave out the croutons.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cole slaw or sliced cabbage
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- ½ cup croutons
- ranch or bleu cheese dressing top top
- Divide cooked rice between two bowls.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon butter to the Franks Red Hot and then microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until butter is melted.
- In a medium bowl, toss together shredded chicken and cole slaw. Top with the warmed hot sauce, and toss to combine.
- Top the bowls of rice with half each of the chicken mixture. Add the sliced celery and croutons to the bowls and then top with your choice of dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 8-10 ounces bread, cut into small cubes
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder.
- Toss to combine, then bake at 275 for 30 minutes or until croutons are crisp. Store in an air tight container for up to a week.