These last warm days of summer are perfect for enjoying a Cherry Milkshake after dinner! Rich, and not too sweet, these are easy to make and absolutely delicious!Jump to Recipe
Cherries are one of the great unsung heroes of summer, IMO. People rave about peaches and strawberries, but where is the love for cherries?! This Cherry Milkshake can be made with fresh or frozen cherries.
When fresh cherries go on sale at the store every year, I buy WAY too many of them, and end up freezing them to use in this milkshake, or just to snack on when the mood strikes.
Other Recipes You'll Love
- Milk (of your choice)
- Vanilla Extract
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream (optional)
Tips and Tricks
- Most milkshakes start with the ice cream, but I would blend up your cherries and milk first to make sure they blend really well. If not, you'll have large chunks of cherries throughout your milkshake.
- If it's not summer, you can buy frozen cherries and use those instead of freezing your own.
SUBSCRIBE TO SARA'S TINY KITCHEN!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
How can I freeze my own cherries?
Start by pitting the cherries, then cut them in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread the halved cherries out on the sheet. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, and then transfer the frozen cherries to a baggie or freezer safe air tight container.
Is this a healthy dessert?
I mean - cherries are super healthy? They're low in calories and rich in fiber, They're also full of vitamins A, K, and C. But overall, this is an ice cream dessert, and therefore not that healthy.
What kind of cherries should I use?
I just use whatever kind of cherries are available at the grocery store. The sweeter the cherries the better though, as there is no extra sweetening here except for the ice cream. If the milkshake isn't sweet enough, you can add some honey or simple syrup to sweeten things.
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
Please Leave a Star Review below!!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
- 1 cup cherries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream optional
- In a blender, blend together the cherries and the milk until the cherries are completely blended.
- Add the vanilla and the ice cream, and blend to combine.
- If the shakes are a little thick, add a little bit more milk. If they're too thin, add a bit more ice cream.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream!