Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats are a fantastic no-bake treat that are perfect for literally any time you want a sweet treat!Jump to Recipe
I love and and all Rice Krispies Treats, but I think I maybe love these Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats most of all They're made with three different kinds of chocolate for maximum chocolate-y flavor!
If you want to make this recipe as directed you'll use cocoa powder, semi sweet chocolate and milk chocolate. What I love about this recipe is that you can switch it up to suit your tastes! If you want to use all semi-sweeet or all bittersweet chocolate, that would be great! You could use all milk chocolate if you wanted to, but personally I think the treats would end up way too sweet.
PRO TIP: Make sure your marshmallows are fresh! Older marshmallows get stale and don't melt nearly as well as fresh ones do.
Other Recipes You'll Love
Reasons To Make This Recipe
- Rice Krispies are super easy to make and a great option to get the kiddos involved in the kitchen!
- They're a classic treat that everyone loves
- Super adaptable! Can be suited to any taste!
- Unsalted Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Rice Krispies
- Cocoa Powder
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Tips and Tricks
- The Key to a good Rice Krispie Treat is the marshmallow to Krispie ratio. Too much marshmallow and the bars will be soggy. To little and they'll be dry/ If you add too much butter, they'll be greasy. This recipe is perfect for an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- When pressing the treats into the pan make sure not to press down too hard on them. If you press too hard, the bars will be hard and tough. Just use gentle pressure to spread the mixture out into the pan. It's okay if the top of the bars aren't perfectly smooth.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, and then spray the parchment with non-stick spray for easy removal of the bars once they're cool.
How should I store leftovers? Store any leftover treats in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Dont store them in the fridge - the butter will harden up, and the bars will become very hard.
How long should I let them cool before cutting? At least 30 minutes. An hour is better if the bars are thicker.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Chocolate Rice Krispies
- 8 tablespoon butter 1 stick
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ¼ cup mike chocolate chips
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper so that some of the paper hangs over the sides of the pan. Spray the parchment with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium low heat
- Add the marshmallows to the pot and melt slowly over low heat, stirring constantly
- Once the marshmallows are melted fully, add the cocoa powder and salt and stir to combine
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir to combine
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared pan, and using your hands, a spatula or a piece of wax paper, gently press the mixture into the pan. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then scatter the milk chocolate chips over the top of the bars - press them in lightly with your hands.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small baggie, and seal the bag. Place it on a microwave safe plate and microwave in 30 seconds intervals until the chocolate has melted in the baggie. Once the chocolate is melted, snip the corner of the baggie to form a small hole, and pipe the melted chocolate over the bars.
- Let the bars fully cool before cutting.
break down the nutritional value on the chocolate rice krispies....and how many calories. thank you