Christmas Muddy Buddies - Chex cereal combined with white chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar, then mixed with M&M's - a must make for the holidays!Jump to Recipe
Christmas Muddy Buddies - Chex cereal combined with white chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar, then mixed with M&M's - a must make for the holidays! It's a super easy treat to make, and it makes great gifts for the sweets-lover in your life. Don't even think about showing up to a holiday party without it!
Other Christmas Desserts You'll Love
- PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE WITH MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- EASY AND DELICIOUS SNICKERDOODLES
- ANDES MINT CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- Chex Cereal - you can use rice or corn Chex - whatever you prefer. They make some delicious flavors too, so you could use Chocolate Chex or Peanut Butter Chex for a delicious variation.
- White Chocolate Chips - I like white chocolate in this recipe, but you could use semisweet chocolate chips instead if you prefer.
- Peanut Butter - smooth is the only way to go.
- Vanilla - Optional, but recommended
- Powdered Sugar
- M&M's - red and green M&M's are festive and delicious!
How to Make Christmas Muddy Buddies
Full Recipe and directions can be found in the recipe card.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
You can use any type of chocolate you like - I prefer white chocolate, but you could use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. I think milk chocolate would make these way too sweet, so I wouldn't go that route.
It does! Muddy Buddies last for a few days at room temperature or up to 10 days in the fridge, so if you're making it ahead of time, make sure to store it in the fridge.
You can! Place the leftover muddy buddies in a freezer bag, and wrap that in foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. To eat after freezing, let the treat thaw for several hours at room temperature.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Christmas Muddy Buddies
- 1 12 oz box of Chex Cereal Corn or Rice
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powderd sugar
- 1 bag holiday M&M's 10 ounce bag
- Pour Chex cereal out into a very large bowl. You can also make the treats in gallon size Ziploc bags, but save the plastic and just use a bowl.
- In a new bowl, add the white chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Melt in 30 second increments in the microwave or place the bowl over a double boiler, and melt it that way. If you do the double boiler, make sure you use a glass or metal bowl.
- Once fully melted and combined, pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir to combine. In my opinion, it's easier to just get in there with your hands and mix it that way. Just make sure to wash your hands well first!
- Once combined, add the powdered sugar, and stir again until the treats are well coated. Add the M&M's and stir again.
- Divide the muddy buddies into smaller containers, and store at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Leave a Reply