The simplicity of a Rice Krispie Treat with the indulgence of a churro come together in this treat to form a tasty and simple dessert that your family, friends, or co-workers will all go crazy for!Jump to Recipe
Churro Rice Krispies Treats combine the ease of a traditional rice krispie treat with the decadence of a churro for a delicious treat you'll love!
One of the all-time best, OG after school snacks has to be Rice Krispie Treats. If you’re anything like me, your mom didn’t make these from scratch, and you had to rely on the pre-packaged treats. You know the ones – the blue packaging is iconic!
My mom was constantly on a diet when I was growing up, so we didn’t keep treats in the house like that – I think she was afraid she’d eat them all before even I could.
But now, I’m a grown-up and I can keep treats in the house whenever I want – and what I want, is to always have these churro Rice Krispie Treats in my house.
They are super simple to make just like any other Rice Krispie Treat, but the extra flavor really pushes them over the edge in my opinion.
Why Should You Make Churro Rice Krispie Treats?
- If you’ve clicked on this post, it seems like you already probably like Rice Krispie Treats, and these are awesome, so you should make them!
- Super quick and easy to make.
- They’re a little bit different from your traditional RKT, and people will be impressed with you.
- A great to take to bake sales or to share with friends and family because of how easily portioned they are.
- If you’re trying to control your portions, they’re pre-portioned for you!
- Marshmallows (full size)
- Rice Krispies
Flavor: these treats combine the flavors of a classic Rice Krispie Treat with the cinnamon sugary goodness of a churro. If you really want to take them to the next level, dip them in chocolate, or extra cinnamon-sugar!
Texture: as the recipe is written, these are very firm treats. If you prefer your treats a little bit softer, add 12 ounces of marshmallows instead of 10.
Ease: these treats couldn’t be easier. Even though there is some cooking involved, this is a super easy recipe to make, and is a great option for involving the kiddos.
SUBSCRIBE TO SARA'S TINY KITCHEN!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Tips and Tricks:
- Use the recipe as a guideline. As I stated above, I prefer a firmer Rice Krispie Treat, but if you prefer them to be softer, just add more marshmallow!
- Line the pan with parchment paper for a no-mess treat.
- Use parchment or waxed paper to press the treats into the pan. This will keep you from getting your hands dirty!
- Wait for the treats to cool fully and use a sharp knife to get those razor-sharp edges.
Are rice krispies vegan? Unfortunately, no. The cereal itself is made with vitamin D3 which is derived from animals. Marshmallows are also not considered vegan as the gelatin in them is made from animals as well.
Are Rice Krispie Treats gluten free? As the recipe is written, this is a no. There used to be a gluten free Rice Krispies option that was sold in stores, but they were pulled by Kellogg. Rice Krispies are made with malt, which contains gluten. There are most likely gluten free rice puffs brands that you can buy. This along with the butter and sugar being naturally gluten free, and gluten free marshmallow options, can allow you to make these gluten free.
How long do they last? Your treats should last for about 3 days at room temperature stored in an airtight container. They'll last up to a week in the fridge. You can freeze them for up to six weeks. Just let them thaw to room temperature before eating.!
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Churro Rice Krispies Treats
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 10-12 ounces of full size marshmallows
- 5 cups of rice krispies cereal
- ⅓ cup sugar divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray, or grease it with butter
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat
- Add the marshmallows, and stir until melted
- Add the rice krispies
- Separate the cinnamon sugar mixture, and add ¼ cup of the sugar to the marshmallow cereal mixture.
- Press the treats into the prepared pan using your hands or a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the treats and allow to cool completely before cutting.