It's easy to make Cilantro Lime Rice at home using your rice cooker! Just like Chipotle, but with no lines!Jump to Recipe
I have loved Cilantro Lime Rice since the very first time I had Chipotle more years ago than I'd like to count. I still love a good burrito bowl, but when Covid hit, I had to learn to make my favorite Cilantro Lime Rice in my rice cooker at home!
It's easy to make using a rice cooker! I use a Zojirushi rice cooker that is definitely pricey, but also definitely worth it. I have yet to make a bad pot of rice with it, and even though I CAN make rice on the stovetop, I prefer not to. I hate cleaning the rice that gets stuck in the bottom of the pot!
Other Recipes You'll Love
Reasons To Make This Recipe
- All you have to do is wash your rice, and hit a button!
- It's delicious, and a great dupe for your favorite Chipotle rice.
- The leftovers last for several days in the fridge
- Rice - your favorite long grain rice
- Salt and pepper
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you wash your rice really well before cooking. Washing the rice removes a lot of the starch that coats the grains, which will leave you with a fluffier rice that doesn't stick together. I usually wash my rice 4-5 times before cooking.
- Make sure you follow the manufacturers directions for the amount of water to rice. My rice cooker has clearly marked lines in the rice bowl that tells me how much water to add. It's a great feature, and takes the guess work out of it!
- After the rice is finished cooking, let it sit and continue to steam in the rice cooker for another 5-10 minutes before opening.
Can I use brown rice instead of white? Of course! Just follow the instructions on your rice cooker for brown rice, which does take a little longer than white rice.
What if I don't like cilantro? Then this is not the dish for you! You could try to add parsley instead, but it's going to be a completely different flavor profile. I don't think it would be bad, but I haven't tested that, so I can't speak to whether it would work or not.
Can this be made dairy free? Absolutely! Just use olive oil instead of butter at the end of cooking!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
Please Leave a Star Review below!!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
Cilantro Lime Rice (Rice Cooker)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- ¼ -⅓ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- Wash your rice
- Cook rice according to rice cooker directions
- Let the rice sit for 5-10 minutes after cooking
- Remove the lid and stir in the butter, lime zest, lime juice, and chopped cilantro