A great healthy snack, this Hummus with Roasted Chickpeas is easy to make, and absolutely delicious.Jump to Recipe
Classic and easy hummus with roasted chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and garlic. The best things in life are simple!
Hummus is one of those things that I used to buy regularly at the store, but that was before I knew just how easy it is to make it yourself.
The hardest part of making this hummus is peeling the chickpeas, but I have a tip for making that even easier, and it's the best way to get smooth and creamy hummus topped with roasted chickpeas!
Other Recipes You'll Love
- lemon juice
Skinning the Chickpeas
The way that I had historically skinned chickpeas was by individually pinching the skins off of the beans. This takes about 10-15 minutes for a can of chickpeas.
My new method is as follows:
- Drain the chickpeas, and then pour them into a bowl
- Cover them with cold water
- Grab a handful of chickpeas and rub them back and forth between your palms - the motion is essentially what you do when you're trying to warm your hands up.
- You should start to see the skins float to the surface of the water after a few handfuls of chickpeas have been...rubbed? I don't know what else to call it 🙂
- Scoop the skins out with your hands, and throw them away, and repeat until all (or mostly all) of them are peeled.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
What can you do with leftover roasted chickpeas?
Any roasted chickpeas that don't get eaten with the hummus are great topping a salad, or just eating them as a snack.
How to store leftover hummus
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Hummus with Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and peeled*
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 small cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- water as needed
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas drained and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor add the chickpeas, tahini, salt, lemon and garlic and blend until smooth. While the machine runs, drizzle in water a tablespoon at a time until the hummus is silky smooth.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Serve with the roasted chickpeas on top.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Once your chickpeas are drained and peeled, spread them out on a paper towel lined plate for 20 minutes to dry.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and toss the chickpeas with the olive oil and then season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until crispy.