Sweet, creamy, and refreshing - this Frosted Strawberry Lemonade is a perfect addition to any summer cookout and is super simple to whip up!Jump to Recipe
A little bit about me: I love all desserts with very few exceptions. I’m not a fan of butterscotch. As much as I love coffee, I don’t tend to love coffee desserts (these milkshakes not withstanding). I can take or leave a cream pie or banana pudding.
But I love and I do mean LOVE anything with just a little bit of lemon in it. Or a lot of lemon. There’s almost never too much lemon for me.
These frosted strawberry lemonades are the perfect combination of tart and sweet and I’ve basically been making them on repeat for the last two weeks. I can’t get enough, and I bet you wont be able to either.
You can zhush these lemonades up a bit if you want. You could add some chopped strawberries in, and a shot of peach simple syrup would take this to the next level. But at its core, this is a just a super simple recipe that can be adapted to fit your tastes.
- Strawberry Ice Cream
Literally the easiest recipe you'll find today. I hate to even use the word recipe - they're that easy.
Tips and Tricks
- Start on the light side with the liquid. Ideally, you want to be able to drink this through a straw, and you’ll want to add enough lemonade to be able to do that. But while you can always add liquid, you cant take it out. I generally start with ¾ cup of lemonade and add more by ¼ cup.
- Because this recipe consists of literally only two ingredients, you want to use the best ingredients you can. I love Simply Lemonade for the lemonade portion, and a local brand of ice cream called Graeter’s.
Substitutions and Alterations
You can easily double the recipe or cut it in half for one person.
There are all sorts of substitutions you could make here. If you don’t like strawberry ice cream (really??) you could use orange sherbet. Or any kind of fruit sherbet, really. Raspberry sherbet with orange juice instead of lemonade would be killer!
You could add a half a can of sprite to this to give it a little carbonation buzz.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
- 4 cups of strawberry ice cream
- ¾ - 1 ½ cups of lemonade
- Add 4 cups of strawberry ice cream into a blender.
- Add ¾ of a cup of lemonade and turn on the blender to mix. Once mixed, check the consistency and add more lemonade by the ¼ cup until you reach a pourable/drinkable consistency.