How To Make Ore-Ida Seasoned Crispy Crowns in the Air Fryer
This easy recipe will show you how to make Seasoned Crispy Crowns in the Air Fryer for your new favorite side dish. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these are a perfect side dish for burgers, chicken or pork chops.Jump to Recipe
These Seasoned Crispy Crowns in the Air Fryer are super easy to make, and free up oven space for other dishes.
One of my all time favorite side dishes has to be Crispy Crowns. I think we an all agree that they're better than tater tots. The flat disc shape gives you a larger surface area which means extra crispiness, and the air fryer cooking method gives the best results in my opinion.
Why You'll Love this Recipe:
- It's a great quick snack
- It's as easy air fryer recipe
- It's a great side for a tasty dinner
- Just as good as frozen french fries
PRO TIP: The secret to air frying is to not use too much extra oil. Just a spray of Olive Oil Spray, Avocado Oil Spray or regular cooking spray will do.
- Crispy Crowns
- Garlic powder
- Chili Powder
How to Make Seasoned Crispy Crowns in the Air Fryer
Tips and Tricks
- There is no cooking time on the bag for the Air Fryer so check on the tater puffs frequently to make sure they're cooking okay. You want a total cook time of about 10-12 minutes total.
- You can make crispy tater tots with this same recipe - just up the cooking time by 2-3 minutes for the thicker potato rounds.
- Make sure to sprinkle the seasoning on the crowns while they're still really hot - if they start to cool down, the seasoning wont stick as well.
- Air Fryer temperatures vary, so check your crispy crowns at least once during the cooking process.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Why the Air Fryer Method is Better Than a Conventional Oven or Deep Fryer:
- You don't have to heat up the oven and wait for it to pre-heat
- You don't have to dirty a baking sheet
- You don't have to use lots of oil
Use my seasoning mix as a starting point. Some other things you could add or substitute are: onion powder, cayenne pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, Za'atar. Use your favorite seasonings, and switch it up when you want to!
I usually just dip mine in ketchup, but you could use barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or mayonnaise. You could mix together sour cream and salsa, and use that as a dip.
If you have a larger air fryer, or a toaster oven style air fryer, you could probably make the whole bag at once. For me, I have a smaller basket-style air fryer, so the most I could do at once is half a bag, which is more than enough for two people.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Seasoned Crispy Crowns in the Air Fryer
- ½ bag Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 375. Once preheated, spray the basket of the air fryer with non-stick spray and add the crispy crowns in a single layer. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Open the basket, shake the crispy crowns around, and then cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- As soon as the crowns are done cooking, sprinkle the seasoning mix over top of them and stir to coat. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.