Kris Jenner's Famous Lemon Cake is an easy to make, crowd-pleasing dessert full of citrus flavor! It's sure to be a hit with your friends and family!Jump to Recipe
Get ready for a burst of citrus flavor in every bite with this easy-to-make, mouthwatering Lemon Cake. The Kris Jenner Lemon Cake Recipe is a winner of a recipe, and I can understand why it's a hit with the Kardashian-Jenner clan.
Maybe you've heard of a lady called Kim Kardashian? Well, her mom makes a lemon cake that's apparently almost as famous as the rest of the family. This famous cake was showcased on an episode where Kris and Khloe had some sort of bake off, and while the family had always thought it was a homemade cake, it turns out that it's made using boxed cake mix and instant pudding! I guess it's their Christmas Eve cake? Which seems weird to me, but everyone has their own traditions!
Now, I adore a semi-homemade dessert, and lemon just so happens to be my favorite flavor, so I knew I needed to make this cake ASAP.
- Lemon Cake Mix (Either Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker
- Lemon instant pudding mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Confectioner's sugar
- Lemon juice and lemon zest
PRO TIP: You don't want the crumbs that come out during the cake testing to be completely dry. The cake will continue to cook a bit as it cools in the pan, and if the cake bakes completely in the oven, it will be overbaked by the time the carryover cooking is done.
How To Make Kris Jenner's Lemon Cake
Tips and Tricks
- If you don't have a cake tester (which you should have - this is a good one, or these.) you can test for doneness by poking the cake - if the center springs back after being poked, that's a pretty good sign the cake is done, or close to it.
- Most box cake mix calls for a half cup of water - don't add that, as it will ruin the texture of the cake.
- To make the cake even MORE lemony - add a teaspoon of Lemon Extract.
- This has become one of my favorite cake recipes, and I know you'll love it, too! Give it a shot, and pretty soon you'll be keeping up with the Kardashians, too! (i know, terrible joke, but I had to!)
PRO TIP: If you have problems getting the cake to release from the pan, you can slide a butter knife down the side of the cake to help release it.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please take a moment leave a review and a star rating below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Kris Jenner Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix 15.25 oz
- 1 box instant lemon pudding mix 3.5 oz
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, and oil and stir until well combined.
- Take a knob of butter (about a tablespoon) and use it to coat the inside of a Bundt pan really well. Once the pan is buttered, take about ¼ cup of flour and shake it all over the butter. Tip the pan around to coat the butter with the flour, and then tap out any excess flour.
- Pour the cake mix into the prepared pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes. Test for doneness at 35 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool, before turning the cake out onto a cake stand or cake plate.
To Make the Glaze
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice until it's a pourable consistency. If you want to thin it out a bit, use milk (too much lemon juice can be overwhelming) a teaspoon at a time until it reaches your desired thickness. Pour the glaze over the cake, and serve!
Leave a Reply