Lemon Crisp Cookies are delightfully lemon-y with a chewy crispy crunch provided by the Rice Krispies in the batter.Jump to Recipe
These Lemon Crunch Cookies are delightfully lemon-y with a chewy crispy crunch provided by the Rice Krispies in the batter. If you’re looking for a simple dessert to take to a barbeque or a soccer game, look no further!
These cookies are a recipe from the shoebox of recipes my Grandma left me, and I’m honestly surprised they weren’t the first recipe I made. Anything with lemon in it gets automatically earmarked, but I guess these got overlooked by other, flashier recipes.
Now that I’ve had them though, it wont be long before I make them again. Using lemon cake mix as the base of the recipe means that these come together incredibly quickly and easily, and the addition of the Rice Krispies cereal elevates them above an average lemon cookie.
Other Lemon Recipes You'll Love
What Makes Lemon Crisp Cookies Special
- Box cake mix means they’re SUPER easy to make
- Crisp and delicious lemon flavor
- Soft and chewy on the inside, crisp on the edges
Lemon Cake Mix – the base of the recipe.
Rice Krispies – you could substitute Frosted Flakes or Corn Flakes instead if you don’t have Rice Krispies – just crush them up a bit before adding.
Butter – always use the best quality butter you can afford.
Lemon Zest – if you don’t have a fresh lemon on hand you could substitute ½ a teaspoon of lemon extract instead, or just leave it out entirely.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t overmix your batter – overmixing leads to tougher cookies. For the lightest, fluffiest cookie, you want to mix only until things are just combined.
- Under bake your cookies – cookies will harden as they cool, and as they sit. The best way to ensure a chewy center is to under bake the cookies by about a minute. The cookies should look almost raw as you take them out of the oven, but will continue to bake as they cool, and you’ll be left with a perfectly chewy cookie.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Because the fat in these is all from butter, they do harden up after about a day – they are best on the day they’re made. They'll last at most 2 or 3 days at room temperature.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Lemon Crisp Cookies
- 1 package Lemon Cake mix
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients (mixture will be crumbly)
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a cooling rack as soon as they come out of the oven.