Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta is a quick and easy meal that only needs 5 ingredients and about 20 minutes to make!Jump to Recipe
I think it's pretty obvious that I'm all about a quick and easy weeknight recipe, and this Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta is my newest obsession. It's been on repeat in my kitchen for the last month!
It's really only 5 ingredients, and the hardest part is remembering to set the butter out a few hours before hand.
Other quick and easy recipes you'll love
- Pasta - this recipe will work with pretty much any pasta, but I prefer regular spahgetti for it.
- Butter - use unsalted butter, and season the pasta yourself.
- Garlic - the recipe is a starting point - only you know how much garlic you truly need
- Lemon - like the garlic, use the recipe as a guidepost - taste the butter after it's mashed and add more lemon juice if you think it needs it.
- Parmesan - optional, but delicious
PRO TIP: taste the butter mixture after you mix it all up, and add more garlic or lemon juice if you think it's needed. You can always add more, but you can't take it out once it's in there.
How to make Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta
- While the pasta cooks, mix butter, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and parmesan together.
- Set the butter mixture aside until pasta has finished cooking.
- Once pasta has cooked, drain it, reserving ½ cup of pasta water, and return it to the pot. Add the lemon garlic butter, and stir to melt in the butter.
- Add a bit of the pasta water - a few tablespoons at a time - and stir until the butter becomes silky and clings to the pasta. You most likely wont use anywhere near the full ½ cup of pasta water.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
How do you reheat Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta
This reheats really well in the microwave - microwave on half power for a few minutes, and then full power for the last minute. Serve the leftovers with a lemon wedge and parmesan cheese.
Will the garlic be overwhelming?
If you mince the garlic small, it should cook slightly when tossed with the hot pasta, which should help it lose a little bit of the pungent raw garlic taste. As with any recipe or ingredient you're not sure about, start on the low end then taste and adjust.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta
- 12 ounces pasta
- 4 ounces unsalted butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
- zest and juice of one lemon about 2-3 tablespoon juice, 1 tablespoon zest
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water, and return the pasta to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together the room temperature butter, minced garlic, lemon zest and juice, and parmesan cheese. Taste, and add salt and pepper, and more garlic or lemon if needed. Set aside until pasta finishes cooking.
- Toss the butter mixture into the pot with the cooked and drained pasta, and over very low heat, stir until the butter melts.
- Add a bit of the pasta water - a few tablespoons at a time - and stir until the sauce goes silky and clings to the pasta noodles.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve with a lemon wedge and extra parmesan cheese.