Quick and easy to make, these M&M Rice Krispies Treats are a fun treat that everyone will love!Jump to Recipe
I love Rice Krispies Treats and I love M&M's, and I can't believe I've never mixed the two together before!! M&M Rice Krispies Treats are about to become your new favorite easy dessert!
Rice Krispies Treats are my go-to dessert. I always have the ingredients on hand, and I'm well on my way to having a whole page of my site dedicated to them. I have a recipe notebook that I jot ideas down in, and Rice Krispies Treat ideas have their own whole page.
Try These Other Delicious Rice Krispies Treats!
Pro Tip: Save the butter wrapper to use to press the treats down in the pan so you dont have to get your hands sticky. If you forget to keep like (like I always do), you can spray a small piece of parchment paper with non-stick spray and use that instead.
- Rice Krispies Cereal
Tips and Tricks
- Make your treats dairy free by subbing in coconut oil for butter.
- Let your treats cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into them. You'll get cleaner lines this way, and the treats will stay together better as well.
- I always recommend using mini marshmallows to make rice krispies treats - they melt much more evenly than full sized marshmallows.
- I like to not fully melt the marshmallows, so that you end up with some pockets of marshmallow in the treats that are extra delicious.
SUBSCRIBE TO SARA'S TINY KITCHEN!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
- How long do the treats last? Rice Krispies Treats are best eaten within two days of making them. They tend to get stale and hard after that.
- What's the best way to store rice krispies treats? I store mine at room temperature in an air tight container or gallon size plastic bag.
- Are these gluten free? If you make them with Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal, they wont be gluten free. There are some gluten free puffed rice cereals out there though that you can sub in to make them gluten free.
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
Please Leave a Star Review below!!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
M&M Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 10 0z bag of mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup M&M's
- Measure out all of your ingredients in advance - this recipe comes together quickly.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, letting some of the paper hang over the sides of the pan for easy removal later.
- Start by melting the butter in a large pot. Once melted, add the marshmallows, and stir constantly until the marshmallows are almost completely melted. Add the salt, stir, and then add the Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
- Add the M&M's to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture out into your prepared pan, and press it out into an even layer. Cool for 30-60 minutes, and cut into squares.