Make your own Mocha Cold Brew at home for a fraction of the cost that you'd pay at a coffee shop!Jump to Recipe
I really like coffee. I mean, I REALLY like coffee. I routinely drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day. This Mocha Cold Brew coffee might just be my new obsession though.
I also really love Mocha. For example: Mocha Ice Cream Cupcakes, White Chocolate Mochas, or Mocha Chip Ice Cream. I think it's safe to say that I'm a fan.
I like to keep a jar of cold brew on hand most of the time. It's perfect for when that 3pm coffee craving hits, or days when 90+ temps keep me from wanting a hot cup of coffee.
Pro Tip: Use chocolate milk for even more delicious chocolatey flavor!!
What's the best coffee for Cold Brew
Generally dark and medium roast coffees are considered the best for cold brewing. They have lower acidity levels than a light roast, which makes for a smoother cup. The entire point behind the cold brew process is to minimize the acidity and make a smoother drink.
- Chocolate Syrup
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Milk (or Chocolate Milk)
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee
- Start with 1 cup of coffee and 4 cups of filtered water.
- There are a lot of fancy cold brewers out there, but you really don't need them. All you really need is a bowl or a jar with a lid. I use a large mason jar with a secure lid - I can't find the exact one I use, but this one is similar.
- Pour the water into the jar, then add the ground coffee, and stir. Then let the jar sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours - 12 is better, and you can go as long as 24.
- Pour the coffee through a fine mesh sieve to get out the grounds (you may want to pass it through a few times) and then store the coffee in your container of choice.
SUBSCRIBE TO SARA'S TINY KITCHEN!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Tips and Tricks
- If you don't want to make your own cold brew, you can buy pre-made. I like Califia Farms
- Homemade cold brew will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Because cold brew is a little more forgiving than a traditional brew, it's a great way to use up older coffee!
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Mocha Cold Brew
Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 Cup Coffee
- 4 Cups Filtered Water
Mocha Cold Brew
- 2-3 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 4 ounces cold brew coffee
- 4 ounces milk Or chocolate milk
- Pour the water into a large jar or bowl with a lid. Add the coffee and stir. Let steep in the fridge for 8-24 hours.
Mocha Cold Brew
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the bottom and sides of a glass. Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour in the coffee, then add the milk. Stir to combine and enjoy!
I like the idea of the chocolate syrup ~ is there a certain brand you'd recommend? I'm a huge cold brew fan. And mocha fan as well. The way I combine the two is by pretty much always adding a spoon full of cocoa to my jar with the coffee grounds. It's delicious!
Hi Eva! I need to start adding cocoa powder to my coffee! That's genius!! When it comes to chocolate syrup, I'm pretty much a Hershey's girl, although Ghirardelli makes a delicious one as well!