Decadent and delicious, these soft and chewy Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies combine two of your favorite cookies into one Super Cookie!Jump to Recipe
These Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies are absolutely phenomenal. They're soft and chewy in the middle with crisp edges, and they're absolutely jam packed with the flavor of Oreo's on top of the normal chocolate chippy flavor! It sounds like it might be too, much but trust me, it's not.
These are super easy to make, but you do want to let the dough rest for 30-60 minutes before baking. The cookies will hold their shape better that way, and will be just a bit chewier for the rest.
Other Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips
SUBSCRIBE TO SARA'S TINY KITCHEN!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Tips and Tricks
- You can either blitz the Oreo's through a food processor, or you can go with my method, which is putting the cookies in a bag, and then smashing them with your fist! Gets out some aggression, and it's a good workout!
- Don't use Double Stuff Oreo's - the filling to cookie ratio is too high, and can throw off the texture of the finished cookies.
- Don't forget to top the cookies with some crushed Oreo's - this is totally optional, but fun and delicious!
What kind of Oreo's Should I Use?
I like traditional Oreo's for this recipe, although I think so many of the flavored Oreo's would be awesome!
How can I store leftover cookies?
Baked cookies can be stored at room temperature for 3 days in an air-tight container.
If you want to only make a few cookies at a time, you can freeze the dough and store it for up to 3-4 months. To be able to easily bake a handful of cookies at a time, start by scooping out all of your dough onto a baking sheet, then freezing the dough balls for 1 hour. Once frozen, you can toss them all into a freezer safe container.
Can I make the dough ahead of time?
For sure! You can make the dough up to three days in advance and let it rest in the fridge. I wouldn't go any longer than that though, as they'll start to take on the flavors and odors of other foods in the fridge.
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
Please Leave a Star Review below!!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room termperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed Oreo's (about 6-8 cookies)
- extra Oreo's, broken up into small pieces for topping the cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the room temperature butter and both sugar. Beat on medium high for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, then add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix for 30 seconds to combine, then add the flour (in batches if necessary to keep the flour from flying out of the mixing bowl)
- Add the chocolate chips and crushed Oreo's and stir with a spatula to combine. Cover the dough with plastic wrap, and place the mixing bowl in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized doughballs onto the prepared baking sheet, and top with the extra broken up Oreo's.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until just set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.