Using just 3 ingredients these Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shots are sweet and delicious and you don't even need to turn on the oven!Jump to Recipe
One of my all-time favorite drinks, these Pineapple Upside Down Shots are super easy to make and absolutely delicious. I'm not a big drinker and I never have been, but when I do drink, I want that drink to taste like candy.
These shots fit the bill perfectly. Made with a combo of Grenadine, Vanilla Vodka, and Pineapple Juice and topped off with a maraschino cherry (as all good drinks should be) they're a fun summery option.
Other Recipes You'll Love
Reasons to Make This Recipe:
- It's a really easy drink to make.
- If you're someone who likes sweet drinks, this is the one for you!
- Can be adjusted pretty easily to suit your tastes!
- It's so pretty!
- Vodka (vanilla flavored vodka is ideal)
- Pineapple Juice
- Maraschino Cherries (optional but fun)
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure your vodka and juice are both cold before pouring the shots, as this will make for the easiest drink making. If you want to though, you could mix the vodka and juice together and then shake in a drink shaker.
- For the pretty layers, make sure you add the grenadine last, and very slowly to prevent the whole shot from turning pink (which is pretty, but not AS pretty)
- Shake the juice well before adding it to the shots so that the pulp evenly distributes before pouring.
- What can I use in place of Vanilla Vodka? You could use just regular vodka. If you still want a flavored vodka I've seen both Vanilla Cake and Whipped Cream vodka, and both would give you that cake flavor that's so delicious!
- What if I don't like Vodka at all? You could replace the vodka with Amaretto or White Rum, and both would be delicious. You might not get those pretty layers though.
- Do I need a bunch of fancy bar equipment? Absolutely not. As I said earlier, I'm not a big drinker so I don't carry bar equipment. Luckily most mixed drinks are mixed by ounces, so I just use a normal measuring cup and it works just fine for me.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shots
- 4 oz vanilla vodka
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoon grenadine
- 4 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Add 1 ounce of the vodka to each shot glass
- Add 1 ounce of the pineapple juice to each of the shot glasses
- Slowly pour in 1 teaspoon of grenadine into each glass and allow it a minute to settle to the bottom of the shot glass.
- Add a maraschino cherry to each shot as a garnish and serve!
Leave a Reply