Rich and creamy, this Pink Sauce Pasta is a mouthwatering blend of tomatoes and cream, topped with fresh parmesan. It comes together quickly, and only needs a few basic ingredients!Jump to Recipe
I'm not lying when I say that this is one of the best things I've made in months. Pink Sauce Pasta is one of those meals that is WAY more than the sum of its parts.
It only needs about 6 ingredients to make, but somehow when you blend them all together, they create a truly magical dish that you NEED to try!
Other Pasta Recipes You'll Love
Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta is a great fall dinner option! If you're wanting something with a citrus kick, try this Lemon Garlic Pasta. And if you only have 20 minutes, I recommend the Easiest Weeknight Pasta.
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Crushed tomatoes
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil (Optional)
Tips and Tricks
- If you don't have a red onion you can replace it with a yellow onion. If you want to use a shallot instead of onion use half as much as the recipe calls for.
- As with all my recipes, the amount of garlic stated is a jumping off point. Let your heart be your guide when it comes to garlic.
- This recipe is nowhere near spicy, but if you want to be sure, you can leave the crushed red pepper out entirely.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
Can I make this dairy free?
You can absolutely sub in a plain non-dairy milk and vegan cheese to make this dairy free! It might not be quite as creamy, but it will still be delicious?
Can I make the sauce ahead of time?
You sure can! If the sauce is a little too thick from sitting in the fridge, you can thin it out with a little bit of pasta water or cream.
Does this Pink Sauce freeze well?
It does! You can keep in a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight, or quick thaw it in the microwave or a pan on the stove.
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Pink Sauce Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion minced fine
- 2 cloves garlic minced fine
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese + extra for serving
- In a large skillet or pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and let cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes. You want the onions translucent but not browned.
- Add the oregano, crushed red pepper, and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, and mix everything together. Lower the heat to medium low and let the sauce simmer while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Save 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked add to the sauce: ¼ cup of pasta water, the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning, and add any salt if needed. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add a little bit more pasta water until it suits you.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce, and serve with extra parmesan and fresh basil.