A perfect meal for Father’s Day or any day, these Steak Frites Burgers with A1 Mayonnaise are simple and delicious.Jump to Recipe
A simple and delicious recipe, these Steak Frites Burgers with A1 Mayonnaise combine two of my favorite things: Fries and Burgers.
There's never a bad day for a burger, but I feel like Father's Day just calls for them, you know? And when you add tangy A1 Mayo to the burgers as a sauce you have something just a little bit special.
Other Father's Day Menu Suggestions
- Ground Beef: I use 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef for burgers – fat is flavor, and anything leaner than that makes for a very dry burger.
- Buns: what is there to say about buns? You can use whatever kind you prefer – I either go for the best that the bakery section has to offer, or whatever is on sale.
- Butter: a key ingredient for toasting your buns before assembling the burgers. A toasted bun is the key to a great burger experience.
- Cheese: not 100% necessary, but why choose to NOT have cheese if cheese is available to you?
- Potatoes: I use Yukon Gold potatoes for almost every potato thing I do, but you can use whatever you normally make fries with. You can also use frozen fries if you want – I wont tell.
- Mayonnaise: the base of the burger sauce.
- A1: the flavor added to the mayo. Any steak sauce will work here, but I love A1.
Tips and Tricks
- You can make the fries from scratch, or use frozen fries. Both are delicious!
- Start on the light side with the A1 - taste and adjust as you go. You can always add more, but you can't take it away once it's in there.
Subscribe to Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Get the latest updates and recipes straight to your inbox!
I'm so glad you found my site! Take a few minutes to look around and see what else we have to offer here at Sara's Tiny Kitchen!
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you never miss a new recipe!
If you make this recipe don't forget to tag @sarastinykitchn on Instagram so I can see it!! For more great recipe ideas, follow me on Pinterest!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a review and a star review below! It really helps other people find my recipes!
Steak Frites Burgers with A1 Mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 or 85/15
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 buns
For the Fries
- 2-3 medium yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the A1 Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon A1
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet, and toast buns until lightly browned, about 2 minutes each.
- Shape the beef into 4 equal patties
- Cook burgers over medium heat until medium inside - about 4/6 minutes per side. Add cheese to the burgers during the last minute of cooking.
- Make your fries. Slice the potatoes and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. If using an Air Fryer, bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. If using an oven, bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes turning halfway through. If using frozen fries, follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a small bowl combine mayo and A1 sauce.
- Serve each patty on a toasted bun topped with fries and slathered with the A1 mayo.